The apprentice will work within the departments to develop skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects of administration. Learning will be via self-directed on-line learning; work-based learning and support sessions with a Skills Coach/Trainer.
Learning will take occur within your working environment. You will be required to attend regular meetings with your supervisor and Skills Coach/Trainer.
The job description is not exhaustive and is intended as a summary of the duties and responsibilities.
As part of your apprenticeship, you will undertake a week-long placement within the corporate administration team. During this placement, you will undertake reception and administration duties. As required, as part of the Trust’s business continuity plans, you may be requested to undertake reception duties.
Berkshire Healthcare’s vision is to provide the best care in the right place; developing and delivering excellent services in local communities with people and their families to improve their health, well-being and independence. We pride ourselves in recruiting staff who display our values and the right behaviours and work hard to create a culture which respects all of our staff for the unique contribution they make to ensuring high quality care is delivered.
Our values are:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
- To provide an efficient and effective administrative support to the Clinical Education teams using Microsoft Office systems, www.berkshirehealthcare.nhs.uk
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner
- To support the team with all aspects of administration for courses e.g. room bookings; adding the course dates on to the training prospectus; inputting onto ESR; processing booking forms and processing attendance sheets
- To maintain and update identified spreadsheets via data input and data extraction
- To undertake photocopying, filing and typing duties as directed
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records
- To maintain filing systems in line with organisations policies and procedures
- To assist with the ordering and maintenance of stock supplies
- Collating information for reports
- Communicating with staff about training provision and booking training courses for staff
- To assist with room & event bookings
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team
- Responsible for the administration of the Care Certificate study days including room bookings, producing study day paperwork, bookings staff on to required dates & sending joining instructions
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Attend and take part in team meetings & regular reviews with line manager etc.
- Greet all visitors in a warm and welcoming manner, informing staff of their visitor’s arrival, and/or accompanying the visitor to their intended destination
- Ensure photocopiers are topped up with paper on a daily basis. To check toner cartridges and replace as required
- Escalate any issues and risks arising to the Administrator
- Report any building maintenance issues to Estates via Micad (reporting system)
- To prepare for and attend assessment meetings and participate in relevant training programmes as required by the Trust
- To adhere to the local and national Health and Safety regulations and the organisations Policies and Procedures
Ongoing training and development.
The key dates are a guide, and the vacancy may close early if a suitable candidate is found.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates. For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
- Basic knowledge of administration and/or office procedures
- Previous knowledge or experience of working in an office and/or customer care environment, undertaking administrative duties
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of using a variety of software programmes/packages above a basic level
- In addition to the responsibilities and requirements outlined in this job description, all staff should refer to the associated behavioural framework relating to their role
- These are based on the Trust's values, define the behaviours all staff are expected to display and underpin our organisational recruitment, appraisal, reward and development processes
A high standard of education including GCSE English Language and mathematics or equivalent qualification.
- Business Admin Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths and English