Building Student Programme
UNIVERSITY OF SALFORD, THE
Successful candidates will join one of the North West’s most successful construction firms, participating in a well-established five year Building Student Programme in partnership with the University of Salford.
- The Building Student Programme is structured to ensure that each candidate gains a breadth of industry base experience during the first two years of employment by joining the main departments of the business.
- This rotation will see each candidate working alongside our Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Construction, Engineering and Design Management departments.
- At the beginning of the third year, the candidate will join the Quantity Surveying or Estimating Department on a full time basis to concentrate on their chosen career path.
- Building Students will undertake a day release apprenticeship degree at the University of Salford. The Building Student Programme at Russells has been developed in conjunction with the University and is therefore closely aligned with the degree course syllabus.
- Our partnership with the University of Salford is integral to the business, our staff regularly undertake guest lectures and students at the University visit our sites as a means of supplementing the Quantity Surveying and wider construction degree courses.
- On commencement of the Building Student Programme each candidate will be allocated an established member of staff to act as a mentor to provide guidance and support throughout the programme.
Russells are fully committed to ensuring that each candidate successfully completes the Building Student Programme alongside the accredited degree. Subject to successful completion, each candidate will be given the opportunity to pursue a successful career with Russells Construction with ongoing support to ensure that aspiring career goals and objectives are achieved.
Russells support and encourage professional membership of the RICS & CIOB. We have developed a structured training programme for all candidates wishing to join either the RICS or CIOB with all membership fees paid for by Russells Construction.
You need to have/be:
- A hard-working approach
- Creative and an original thinker
- Willing to develop your technical skills
- A real passion for developing, advancing and shaping the future of the built environment
Are you a go-getter? A self starter? A team player? If so, we want you!
Here at Russells Construction we are on the lookout for talented individuals who want to progress their careers and work for one of the largest regional construction companies in the UK.
- Candidates must satisfy the entry requirements for the University of Salford Degree Course (104 UCAS points or equivalent + GCSE maths and English at C or above).
- Candidates must be committed, self-motivated, hardworking and possess excellent communication skills. We expect all candidates to work effectively as part of a project team and be capable of working independently on individual tasks.
The Building Student Programme is structured to ensure that each candidate initially gains a breadth of industry experience. During the first two years each student will rotate through the key departments of the business working alongside the Construction Management, Design Management, Engineering, Estimating and Quantity Surveying departments.
At the beginning of the third year, the candidate will consider the experience gained and will have the opportunity to join either the Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Site Engineering or Estimating Department on a full time basis as their chosen career path.
Each candidate will undertake a day release apprenticeship degree at the University of Salford. The Building Student Programme at Russells has been developed in conjunction with the University of Salford and is therefore closely aligned with the degree course syllabus. Our partnership with the University of Salford is integral to the business. Our staff regularly undertake guest lectures at the University and students are given the opportunity to visit our sites as a means of supplementing their Construction Management and Quantity Surveying degree courses.
On commencement of the Building Student Programme, each candidate will be allocated an established member of staff to act as a mentor who will provide guidance and support throughout the programme.
Vocational training is provided as part of the Programme. Subjects include Health, Safety & Environmental, Legal & Commercial awareness, Project Management, IT & external visits with our supply-chain partners.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.