What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintain and repair doors, doorframes, fittings and fixtures
- Carry out minor carpentry repairs and fixing of shelves and pictures
- General labouring and handyperson duties
- Maintain basic plumbing systems, WCs, taps and drainage
- Maintain basic electrical installations
- Understand water hygiene in commercial buildings
- Understand the need for excellent customer service to those occupying and visiting the building
- Working safely as part of a team in line with Skanska Health and Safety policy
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Through day release to college, we will provide support and funding to achieve Level 2 qualification as a Property Maintenance Operative -12 months to complete
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Building Maintenance Operative with Skanska
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Patience
Qualifications RequiredOther No minimum academic entry criteria (Grade N/A) Desired