The role holder will be based in the Department of Plant Science in central Cambridge and the Plant Growth Facility (PGF) at the Botanic gardens. The department has a dedicated facilities team, engaged in the support of the infrastructure to facilitate teaching and research.
The successful candidate will undertake training to provide vital infrastructure support for teaching and research. Duties will include:
- Work with the facilities team in the Department of Plant Sciences
- Responsible for testing water supply temperatures under the initially supervision of the Building Maintenance technician
- Learn basic skills of area of work under the supervision of supervisor or allocated staff member (e.g. use of basic workshop tools and machinery)
- Apply skills in routine and straightforward task under supervision (e.g. replacement of projector lamps; basic electrical wiring)
This apprenticeship should enable the role holder to either move onto an advanced apprenticeship or be in a better position to apply for building maintenance roles within the University and beyond.
The role is based in central Cambridge and follows a normally Monday to Friday work pattern. The role involved lifting and carrying so the role holder should be physically able to perform these tasks.
- Be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- A driving licence would be desirable but not essential
- Desire to learn new skill
- Physically able to carry out the role
- Willingness to be flexible
3 GCSEs grade A*-C (9-4) or equivalent to include Maths, English and one other subject.
Property Maintenance Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship.