What will the apprentice be doing?
There is 1 role available and the successful applicant will work across Children’s Centres located within their designated area.
Working as a Bright Start Early Years Apprentice you will:
- Provide stimulating learning activities across the Early Years curriculum for parents and children from birth to five years;
- Assist in observation and assessment of children’s progress, evaluating provision to ensure it is of a high quality;
- Work as part of a team, supporting the practitioners;
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training and Development – Within your role you will:
- Complete a level 3 Early Years Educator qualification funded by the Council. This will involve attendance at a college and/or completing tasks and observations in the workplace;
- Join the Apprenticeship personal and professional development programme that will involve a series of varied development activities and events throughout your year with the Council.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After you have successfully completed your apprenticeship you will have gained valuable workplace experience and attained a professional qualification which will improve your chances of finding work either within Bright Start, Children’s Centre nurseries or with another employer or help you move on to a higher level apprenticeship elsewhere. You will have networked across the service and be aware of the internal job market during your time with us and we will provide support on your approach to the wider job market as part of your development programme.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Desired