What will the apprentice be doing?
Working closely alongside and providing assistance to experienced tradespersons in carrying out the following:
• Manual handling of tools and materials.
• Working from drawings.
• Level surveying.
• Brick and blockwork.
• Maintaining a clean and safe workspace.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will be working towards the Bricklayer Level 2 apprenticeship standard.
- All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Continued employment as a fully qualified tradesperson.
Reality CheckThis role will involve working outdoors and possibly travel to different sites – travel may be provided from designated locations. There will be meeting points if require and this role could also involve working away and/or night work.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Punctual, Adaptability
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and maths (Grade A*-E/9-2 or equivalent) Essential