Bricklaying Apprenticeship - Intermediate (Level 2)
BERKELEY GROUP PLC(THE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Mix mortar, cut components and lay bricks
- Building external and internal walls, curves and arches
- Cavity walling
- Joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Assist with setting out for the construction of break and block work
- Interpret drawings and plans
- Physically demanding role which often involves carrying heavy or awkward loads
- Work safely and competently in a site based environment always adhering to Group Health and Safety standards.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
NVQ/Diploma Apprenticeship level 2
Travel cost is supported by Berkeley Homes. You are required to be adaptable in terms of where the work could be. This can be discussed in more detail during the interview process, if you have been selected.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full framework/standard NVQ/Diploma level 2 or 3
Achievement award. Further Progression into employment and for the applicant to proceed onto level 4, 5, 6, at university level.
Reality Check• Punctual and reliable • Hard-working • Follows instructions • Tolerant and determined • Flexible • Good practical skills • Methodical and meticulous • Works well as part of a team • Able to work at heights • Good levels of fitness and stamina • Takes pride in the job
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Team working, Physical fitness, Passion, Reliability, Commitment
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English & Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Other CSCS (Grade passed) Desired
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.