Bricklaying Apprentice (Construction) - Intermediate (Level 2)
Do you want to become a bricklayer and learn the art of a lifelong trade?
How would you like to gain indispensable qualifications, experience and a salary at business voted in the top 25 in the country to work for?
If so, this is the job you have been looking for!
This Apprenticeship is based at Mears Group PLC in the heart of Rotherham and will see you become part of their construction operative’s team!
In return for your hard work, commitment and skill development, you will receive a competitive Apprentice salary, excellent in house training alongside Apprenticeship training from experts RNN Group as well as an industry recognised qualification that will help you climb the career ladder.
This role will give you bricklaying qualifications, mentoring and the experience you need for a lifelong career in a supportive business!
About the role
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of duties and receive full training on:
- Using tools required for bricklaying duties
- Developing trowel skills
- Repairing damaged walls in customer properties
- Renovating chimneys / fireplaces
- Working with paving
- Constructing new walled areas
- Working professionally in customer properties
- Any other duties related to your academic and professional progress
- Working in a friendly organisation
- Excellent career progression and opportunities
- Options to secure a long standing position with the business
- Industry recognised qualifications and experience
Progression to industry specialist qualifications – further and higher skill development. A lifelong career in the industry.
This is a successful business that has a very busy workload. They are looking for someone who can listen/learn and use their own initiative to quickly become a valued member of the team.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Basic understanding of bricklaying techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Good dexterity and attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Must enjoy problem solving and raising to a challenge
- Good communication skills are essential
- Excellent timekeeping
- Honest, reliable and committed – be confident enough to say when you’re unsure and ask for advice as and when needed
- Able to work on own initiative
- Polite and well mannered
GCSE in maths and English 7 - 4/A* - C or equivalent.
- Bricklayer L2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functioal Skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.