Learning the art of brickwork and blockwork from experienced tradespeople, this would include:
- New house construction
- Repairing historic brick walls.
- Adhearing to health and safety processes
This would include working within a small team, the successful applicant will need to be a flexible team player with a willingness to get involved in any part of the construction industry and would need to have a hunger to learn.
- We would hope that this would be the starting career for a young person wanting to become a professional bricklayer, foreman or site manager or many other professional jobs, the list is endless
- Working both outside and inside, through all weathers
- Good Communication
- Good Time Managment
- Able to work in a team and indpendently
- Willingness to learn from others is essential
- GCSE in maths and English at 4 (C) or above however if these have not been achieved, you will be supported through these during your apprenticeship
- Bricklayer Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard