What will the apprentice be doing?
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Bookkeeping - maintenance of client records on QuickBooks and TaxCalc, including sales and purchase invoice controls, receipts and payment analysis, bank reconciliations and VAT reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of company accounts preparation of various working papers, maintenance of client files and reporting to seniors at the agreed stage of completion
- VAT - preparation of quarterly VAT Returns for small size companies under the supervision of seniors
- Payroll preparation of monthly payroll
- Liaise with clients to ensure record delivery and accounts information in a timely fashion/manner
- General administration, reception, telephone answering, document scanning, client servicing, and support to Accountants
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- AAT AQ22 Sylabuss
- Business Awareness
- Financial Accounting: Preparing Financial Statements
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Tax Processes for Business
- AAT Advanced Synoptic
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
During the Apprenticeship period Bookkeeping Apprentices / Trainee Accountants develop valuable skills and workplace experience while attending Solveway one day/week during term dates to pass all Level 3 & 4 AAT exams. Upon completion, there is an oppertunity to secure a full time position within the practice.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent Maths and English (Grade A* or A) Desired