What will the apprentice be doing?
- The role will involve working on bookkeeping for clients using various accouting packages and spreadsheets.
- The role will involve assisting the busy payroll department with the preparation of weekly and monthly payrolls. This will include analysing informaiton provided by clients, inputing into Payroll software and producing report, payslips etc.
- The apprentice will assist on the preparation of clients quarterly VAT returns including analysis of income and expenses.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will study for the Association of Accounting Technician qualifition.
- Training will be provided on the job and at Kaplan Financial in Birmingham. Usually this is one day a week.
- Full study support will be given and you will have the support of others in the office who are either doing the same qualification or have previously trained with the firm.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once qualified the apprentice can continue to higher level Association of Accoutning Technician level 4.
- The apprentice can progress to more complex assignments in the office. Progressing within the team as experience grows.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Essential