Training will include:
- Damage assessment
- Job cards and assessment reports
- Panel removal, repair and refit
- Chassis alignment techniques
- Welding and joining
- Vehicle valeting
- There is a large gap in the motor trade, where people a crying out for highly skilled Body Repair Technicians. Do you have the passion and commitment to rise to the challenge?
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good communications skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good work ethic and motivation to learn
- You will need to have a high level of attention to detail and working to a high standard to ensure the customers car is in safe hands and has been restored to its previous pristine condition
- Good levels of English and maths are beneficial
This is a Vehicle Damage Panel Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Group. Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon - Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks either in the workplace or remotely via Microsoft Teams, giving 1-2-1 advice and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications:
- Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths (if required)