Training and duties will include:
- Damage assessment
- Job cards and assessment reports
- Panel removal, repair and refit
- Chassis alignment techniques
- Welding and joining
- Vehicle valeting
The company would aim to offer full-time employment to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship scheme.
Due to the location of the position, it is preferred that you have a full UK driving licence or you live within an easy commutable distance to the location of the depot.
- You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as trucks, buses, agricultural machinery and plant equipment
- Being a heavy vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina
- Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage
- Ideally, a minimum of GCSE Grade 3/D or equivalent in English Language or maths
This is a Vehicle Damage Panel Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Group.
Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI).
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Monday-Friday) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks either in the workplace or remotely via Microsoft Teams, giving 1-2-1 advice and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications:
- Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths (if required)