BMW Aftersales Customer Service (Parts Advisor) Apprenticeship - BMW Park Lane Battersea - Intermediate (Level 2)
BMW Group Academy
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI Parts Department.
Parts Advisor specific duties would include:
- Interaction with both Trade and Retail customers – you will be working with customers on a daily basis both over the phone and face-to-face, to provide them with information and to sell them parts and accessories
- Stock – this includes stock control and checks, as well as being responsible for ordering parts stock to be delivered at required times
- Computer Systems – you will work on specialised computer systems, including computerised stock management systems and parts identification programmes
- Vehicle Service / Sales support – you will support other Departments within the BMW Retailer, including workshop staff, to ensure they function effectively
All Aftersales Customer Service (Parts Advisor) apprentices attend the BMW Group Academy UK in Berkshire for their off-the-job training. The apprenticeship will have a strong focus on the retail environment and the high customer service expectations of BMW & MINI customers, as well as Service Advisor specific training.
The training takes place over a 12 month period at the BMW Group Academy and has been designed to suit both Parts and Service Advisor roles.
During the time spent at your BMW Retailer, a mentor will be allocated to oversee the work-based learning programme.
A BMW representative will also visit on a 12 weekly basis to set performance targets and ensure any development needs are being met.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be a qualified Parts Advisor. You will also gain a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner. Following this, there are various opportunities for progression within the Retailer.
Successful applicants must be prepared to travel to the BMW Group Academy in Berkshire to complete their apprenticeship training.
Training is completed in one-week blocks approximately once every two months.
All training costs are covered by the BMW Retailer (travel, accommodation and food).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- An interest in the automotive industry
- To have good communication and organisational skills
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy parts department, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
- An enthusiasm for excellent customer service
- To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn
- To have a positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism to represent the BMW/MINI brand
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSE Grade A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
- ICT (or one other subject if candidate did not take ICT)
While the programme will focus around customer service skills, also embedded within the seven weeks training will include the current certification training courses for the Parts Advisor role. Additional technical and product awareness training will also be included.
Qualifications to be achieved:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner
- Parts Advisor Certification
- Functional skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.