Birmingham Specialities were established in 1926 and part of the Indutrade group since 2014. Our experienced team based across two Birmingham locations are committed to offering a complete manufacturing service to suit clients' needs.
With our new production and warehouse facility opened in 2020, we have acquired an additional manufacturing space of 19,000 square feet. Running alongside our current 25,000 square foot location this will help ensure that no matter how big your project we have the production capability to suit.
We operate in a variety of areas:
- In-house toolroom offering design, manufacture and maintenance. Utilising the latest technologies including CAD, Solidworks 3D and EDM. IGES and STEP file accommodated
- A bespoke manufacturing control system ensuring effective capacity planning to achieve on time delivery
- Modern power presses up to 125 tonnes capacity and the latest CNC machining plant
- All areas supported by a range of ancillary equipment including nut and stud insertion, drilling and tapping, riveting, brazing, and spot welding
- A variety of finishing and sub-assembly facilities available
- Certification to BS EN ISO 9001:2015, with stringent quality procedures that include APQP, Lean, FMEA and SPC, with quality measurement to PPAP and ISIR standards
We are looking for a multi-skilled maintenance apprentice to join us as an Apprentice Maintenance Technician.
Following a process of internal mentoring and external training via MAKE UK.
You will be capable of performing the following tasks:
- Machine Fault Finding (mechanical and electrical) repair
- Sourcing and fitting replacement parts
- Use of hand and power tools to assist in the role
- Maintain Factory infrastructure
- Fault Finding and repair to hydraulic, pneumatics and PLC systems
- Electrical test and repair and installation
- Maintain and repair ancillary manufacturing equipment
- Welding and fabrication
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will become a multi-skilled maintenance engineer.
- Hands on application
- Willingness to learn from experienced mentors
- Hands on
5 GCSEs at 9 – 4 / A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements