Birmingham Specialities - Maintenance Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Sept start)
Birmingham Specialities Ltd
EEF Apprentices and Skills
Apprentice Maintenance Technician. Following a process of internal mentoring and external training via MAKE UK, you will be capable of performing the following tasks:
- Machine Fault Finding (mechanical and electrical) repair
- Sourcing and fitting replacement parts
- Use of hand and power tools to assist in the role
- Maintain factory infrastructure
- Fault finding and repair to hydraulic, pneumatics and PLC systems
- Electrical test and repair and installation
- Maintain and repair ancillary manufacturing equipment
- Welding and fabrication
For more information about Birmingham Specialities, please see: https://www.bhamspec.co.uk/
On completion, you would work alongside the maintenance manager with a view to take over the role as cover both sites based in Aston.
Factory environment - oil, grease and dirt to be expected alongside hard work.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Practical application and a willingness to learn from experienced mentors.
3 to 5 GCSEs at grade 9-4/A*-C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally science, or equivalent related qualification.
This 4-year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training - off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements
- Functional Skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.