Bioinformatics Degree Apprenticeship - Degree (Level 6)
Illumina Uk Limited
Anglia Ruskin University
Do you have an interest in Software Development or Life Sciences? Not sure which one? Why not do both? Have you ever thought about a career in Bioinformatics?
You will study part-time with our educational partner ARU (Anglia Ruskin University) towards a degree in Bioinformatics. A blended course, combining online study with face to face lectures at ARU’s Cambridge campus once a week.
In parallel of your studies you will be able to experience first-hand what it is like to work in a Medical Laboratory. You will also gain on the job training from a multi-disciplinary team, including laboratory scientists, software developers, bioinformatics analysts and quality professionals. You will have an opportunity to develop skills in various of these areas through a series of placements within the team.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Working on day to day core bioinformatic operational activities
- Working with genomics datasets and performing analyses to assess the impact of making changes to the established laboratory workflow
- Developing and maintaining bioinformatics tools and analysis workflows to speed up the delivery of new results
- Documenting and communicating analysis outcomes to colleagues
- Interacting with laboratory scientists, software developers and quality professionals to deliver projects as a team
At the end of the course you will be awarded a BSc (Hons) Bioinformatics and gain a wealth of experience with no Student Loan to pay back.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following programming languages would be advantageous: Python, R, C++
- A bright, enthusiastic attitude with the ability to implement practical solutions and learn quickly on the job
- 112 UCAS points or equivalent.
- A level Grade B (or equivalent) in at least one STEM subject - Maths desirable
- At least 4 GCSEs at Grade B/Grade 6 which must include Maths and English*
*Course offers can only be made if approved Level 2 certificates are provided prior to the start of the course.
Successful candidates will undertake a BSc (Hons) Bioinformatics Degree Apprenticeship with ARU (Anglia Ruskin University).
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.