The Bid & Proposal Apprentice will be trained to undertake the role of Bid Coordinator which involves the timely delivery of pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders for new projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Bid & Proposal Apprentice will be trained to:
- Complete Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ)/Selection Questionnaire (SQ) documents
- Draft answers to quality questions and edit technical teams’ ITT responses to produce clear and uniformed copy
- Project manage the timely delivery of copy and pricing from colleagues
- Support the production and delivery of compliant proposal documents and presentation materials within client defined timeframes
Other responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring bid emails and alerts
- Arranging and attending bid kick off meetings
- Providing support to the Bid Team as needed
- Tracking new project/framework opportunities
- Support with arranging bid kick off meetings and regular progress and review meetings
- Assist with preparation of kick-off documents, CV collation, case study identification
- Register and maintain accounts for online tender portals
- Disseminate and communicate client tender clarifications
- Support with recording and sharing lessons learnt and best pract
Our Commitment: Our people are our most important asset and as such we are continuously expanding our capability programs to provide you with opportunities to build and extend your professional, functional, and management skills. Your development through coaching is our priority. Continuous learning takes place through a broad variety of opportunities and types of engagements. Access to the latest technological innovations in the logistics and supply chain industry, as well as Wincanton’s deep knowledge and expertise in our field, constitute a superb platform for your professional development.
- Excellent communication skills particularly in written communication
- IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, and PowerPoint are critical
- Have a keen eye for detail and be able to proofread and edit copy
- Be confident with ability to engage with colleagues at all levels to extract information concisely and to deadlines set
- Have strong organisational skills and able to manage multiple tasks at any given time
- You will have a willing, engaging attitude with an eagerness to develop professionally
- Be happy to work as part of a close-knit team in a deadline driven environment
Success in this position will require a positive ‘can do’ attitude with high energy and motivation. Critical requirements include teamwork skills, project management skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within limited time frames.
You must have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C/9-4 including English and mathematics or equivalent, coupled with an interest in bid management or writing.
RHG will provide training to embed the skills, knowledge, and behaviours of the Level 3 Bid and Proposal Co-ordinator apprenticeship standard.
The programme will be delivered over a 24-month time frame and includes monthly workshops supported with ongoing 1:2:1's with a dedicated learning coach.
If the apprentice requires functional skills level 2, there will be a small number of additional learning sessions with a functional skills coach to prepare for assessments.