The Parts Department is at the heart of our operations. Our Parts Assistants are responsible for the stock control of a wide range of vehicle parts and accessories. This includes the ordering, selling and managing of stock to ensure that we meet the needs of our trade counter customers and to guarantee that our workshop team have the parts and accessories that they need to complete their daily tasks.
Your duties will vary from day to day and could include:
- Providing advice to customers who are having problems with their vehicles
- Taking sales orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Stock control for vehicle parts and accessories
- Maintaining an ordered stock room
- Raising invoices for parts sold
- Liaison with internal teams to ensure the correct stock is place at the right time
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join our team and embark on a long term career, with excellent earning and progression opportunities once you complete your apprenticeship.
Volkswagen Group (VWG) is one of the UK’s largest car retailers encompassing premium brands such as Audi, Bentley, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, TPS, Volkswagen Paint and Body and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This network of retailers spans the UK, providing a wide range of career opportunities.
Once your apprenticeship is complete, you will continue your learning journey and you will have the opportunity drive your career forward. Once qualified, the earning potential for a Parts Assistant is in excess of £20,000, so it is well worth considering the future opportunities that lay beyond the apprenticeship. Some of our apprentices have gone on to become team leaders and managers within the retail network or even joined our team at Head Office in Milton Keynes.
The latest information on the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices can be found at https://www.gov.uk/become-apprentice/pay-and-conditions
Please do not contact the retailer. Babcock Training are the main point of contact for this opportunity and carry out the full recruitment service for this employer. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application.
- Our ideal candidate will be methodical in their way of working and be able to demonstrate precise attention to detail.
- As a central point of contact for both of our internal and external customers you will need to have excellent communication skills.
- You also should be IT literate (although full training will be provided)
We are looking for people who are passionate about our industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills that you should think about showing us in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong communication
- Customer service
- GCSE grades 9 – 4 (A* – C) or equivalent in English, maths and science.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
Training will be delivered using a combination of virtual classroom remote learning and face-to-face block release weeks at our state-of-the-art training centres.
Our expert trainers will guide you through the training programme using a combination of e-learning, classroom learning and practical application.
In the workplace, your personal, dedicated mentor will support your continued learning as you apply the skills and knowledge you have gained through the remote sessions and at the National Learning Centre.
This is a fully rounded training experience where you will build life skills that last and gain both Apprenticeship qualifications and brand certifications.
On successful completion of the one year programme you will receive the following:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
- Brand specific certifications