This position contributes to Starbucks success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. We are looking for someone who models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
You will follow our core values, which are 'to inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time' and our mission is 'to make a difference to people's lives, their opportunities and their communities through great tasting food and coffee.'
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a calm demeanour during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep the store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipating customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicating information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Delivering legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer.
- Discovering and responding to customer needs.
- Following Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintaining a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product s needed.
- Providing quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Following health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Maintaining regular and punctual attendance.
Helping Others Succeed
- Assisting with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributing to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Recognizing and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
In return for your hard work as our Barista, you will receive:
- 50% Discounts on food and beverages whilst on shift
- A passionate and fun team environment
- Fantastic training and development opportunities - coffee education!
- Discounts on food and beverages whilst off shift
- Recognition Schemes
- Join an established, successful and growing franchise
- Opportunities across multiple existing high-profile brands with many more to come!
Alongside your day to day work and training, you will be working towards your Hospitality Team Member - Barista L2 Apprenticeship standard qualification which will be delivered through a blended social learning experience. This includes but is not limited to 1-to-1 visits from your regional trainer, self-study, and remote visits.
The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme which is designed to support you on your chosen career path. Once you are signed up onto the apprenticeship programme, you will be able to get students discounts through an NUS card and you will be earning money while studying towards a nationally recognised qualification.
At Starbucks, you will be working towards a Hospitality Team Member - Barista Level 2 apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
- Ongoing training and development within Starbucks as well as through the apprenticeship training programme.
- The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
- Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- No previous experience required
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security
- You must have the drive, passion and a natural energy to deliver a fabulous customer experience and consistent product every time!
- We are looking for someone who acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- No qualifications are required for this role.
- Hospitality Team Member - Barista L2 Apprenticeship Functional Skills in English and maths