The ideal applicant
Wetherspoon is looking for fun, enthusiastic, passionate people to join its hard-working teams. No previous experience is necessary and - as it recruits for personality and is a UK Top Employer with an award-winning training programme - Wetherspoon knows that it can teach you the skills to succeed.
Wetherspoon opens its doors early in the morning and sometimes doesn't close them until late at night, so offering great flexibility of working hours.
What's in it for you?
Wetherspoon offers competitive hourly rates for all team members, as well as the following benefits:
- A complimentary meal and a drink, when working a four-hour shift
- A 50% discount on food and soft drinks, when working; a 20% discount on all food, drinks and hotel accommodation (for you and up to three guests), when not working
- £1 extra per hour for those hours worked during midnight-5.59am
- Bonus scheme - earn up to 19% of your pay
- Availability of guaranteed-hour contracts and variable-hour contracts
- Paid holiday
- Free shares (after a qualifying period)
- Loyalty reward scheme
- At a glance, your role is to deliver excellent customer service to make hungry and thirsty customers happy!
- Ensuring that all food and drinks are served to the correct specification
- Always welcoming to customers - interact, say 'hello'; just as important, say 'thank you' and 'goodbye'
- Building, maintaining and enhancing customer relations to enrich their experiences during visits
- Encouraging customers' loyalty by consistent good performance
- Being aware of, and being knowledgeable about, all promotions, events and new products in the pub
- Receiving and delivering customer orders, either face to face or via the app, achieving service standards at all times*
- Taking pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in all areas
- Responding to any customer feedback in a positive and helpful manner, seeking support if required *Sale of alcohol not applicable, if you are under 18.
Alongside your day-to-day work, you will be working towards your level 2 hospitality team member apprenticeship. This is a blended learning experience, delivered on a one-to-one basis in your pub by an experienced trainer from Lifetime. There will be a mix of face-to-face and remote (telephone/video-call) visits, whatever mix suits you best. Your apprenticeship will be tailored to your individual development needs and will deliver life-long knowledge, skills, behaviours and confidence.
Career progression Apprenticeships provide exciting development opportunities to all of Wetherspoon's bar, kitchen and hotel teams. Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to learn while you earn - from associates right through to management. Over 70% of Wetherspoon's recent apprenticeship achievers received a promotion during, or shortly after completing, their programme.
None! We're looking for fun, enthusiastic, passionate people to join our hard-working teams. We recruit for personality and, as a UK Top Employer with an award-winning training programme, we know that we can teach you the skills to succeed.
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm in your role and show commitment to your pub and Wetherspoon
- Have exceptional time management skills
- Have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated
- Have a friendly nature and excellent communication skills
- Be honest, trustworthy and respectful
- Remain calm when working in a high pressure environment
- Adhere to Wetherspoon appearance standards
* No previous qualifications required.
- Hospitality Team Member level 2 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in maths and English