Brookes & Adams Ltd is a producer of non-ferrous parts and assemblies for a wide variety of industries, and also manufactures its own range of Yacht Fittings, Carpet Bowls and Wing Nuts. Established in 1853 the company today has an impressive range of plant and equipment, and has recently embarked on a process of continual investment in improved processes.
We are seeking to employ and train one apprentice.
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based and could lead to a first appointment as a multi-skilled Manufacturing Engineer.
- Operate and adjust settings according to the machine being used
- Have knowledge of different materials, processes or finishing techniques
- Measure and check components produced
- Work to documentation provided for each part produced
- Be responsible for quality and accuracy and timely delivery of work produced
- Work safely at all times, complying with health and safety legislation regulations and relevant guidelines
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and report directly to the works manager who will supervise and support your work
- You will be given the opportunity to work in different parts of the business on a rotational basis
A permanent full time job is available to the right candidate and there is the potential for higher level training and promotion within the company.
This level 2 apprenticeship includes attending Make UK's training provider one day per week throughout the course.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest in working in the manufacturing sector
- Hard working
2 GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade 4 or above in Maths and English language.
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations
- Level 2 Certificate in Engineering Operations
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Lean/Business Improvement
- Mechanical maintenance/assemblies
- General Machining, Fitting and Assembly Applications
- Bench Fitting Relevant Workplace Training Functional Skills (If required)
Please note that this Intermediate (Level 2) Apprenticeship will last for 12-18 months. It will involve spending one day per week at MAKE UK's state-of-the-art Training Hub in Aston, and four days per week at the employer's site for the duration of the apprenticeship.