Avis Car Rental Customer Service Apprentice
Avis Car Rental
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
Join Avis Budget Group’s Car Rental Apprentice Programme and you will have the opportunity to study towards a Customer Service qualification whilst learning the fundamental skills of the car rental industry.
It is initially a 12-14-month placement (depending on when the Customer Service qualification is completed) which will hopefully lead to a permanent position as a Customer Service Representative or Rental Sales Agent at the same store, or one nearby.
Key areas you will be involved in are:
- Vehicle upkeep, preparation and damage inspections – getting cars ready for customers, including cleaning, valeting and general light maintenance. Conducting checks for any damage caused during the rental
- Face to face customer engagement and sales – initially when delivering and collecting cars from customers, but over time this will increase to include time on the front desk, learning our rental system, renting cars to customers and identifying opportunities to upsell additional products
- Business development – looking for opportunities to increase our customer base via corporate accounts and individual renters
- Logistics management – managing the delivery and collection of vehicles with the help of our in-house systems
On-going training & development potentially leading to promotion this is an excellent opportunity to start your career with Avis Budget Group.
For further information on the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
After 1 year your wages will rise to the minimum living wage or national living wage (dependant on age).
After you complete your qualification, if you are offered a permanent role as a Customer Service Representative or Rental Sales Agent your salary will increase, and you will also have the opportunity to earn commission
You must hold a full UK driving license, due to the nature of the role, as you will be required to move vehicles at times.
Our stores operate on rotating shift patterns, hours will be between 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 1pm on a Saturday.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Get your GO on! Avis Budget Group, Inc. is a leading global provider of vehicle rental services, through its Avis, Budget, Apex, Payless and Maggiore brands, which have more than 11,000 rental locations in approximately 180 countries around the world, and through its Zipcar brand, which is the world’s leading car sharing network, with nearly one million members.
As a valid member of the Avis Budget Group UK team, you’ll be entitled to many company benefits including:
- Discounted gym membership
- Reduced entry to various UK theme parks and attractions
- Discounted cinema vouchers
- In return you’ll commit to actively participate in training and work towards your qualification within the agreed timescale
- You’ll have to be flexible – store opening hours include weekends and bank holidays. In addition to this you will also be entitled to an NUS card to enjoy further student discounts!
- Clear communication skills
- Problem solving skills
To be successful in this role you must be willing to go the extra mile for your customers, have the ability to deal with and resolve difficult situations and be prepared to work effectively as a team no matter how big or small the task.
- Attention to detail
- Goal orientated
- Driven by exceeding expectations
GCSEs at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) in maths and English desirable but not essential.
Training to be provided:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
You will be based at one of our rental stores, and with the support of your personally assigned trainer and in-store manager you will work towards a nationally recognised qualification in Customer Service.
Within this 12-14-month course you will learn how to:
- Understand the different needs and priorities of your customers and the best way to manage their expectations
- Get to know Avis Budget Group’s core values and how they link to the service culture
- Understand your role and responsibility within Avis Budget Group and the impact of your actions on others
- Use a variety of methods to build rapport with both internal and external customers supporting the business vision
- Functional Skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.