A fantastic opportunity to gain a level 2 Diploma in Lean Manufacturing.
Through an exciting 12 month placement you will develop the practical skills and theory to be able to become a valuable member of our fantastic team working on our fast paced production line to produce the Toyota Corolla.
You will learn how to carry out production processes safely, efficiently and to outstanding quality, taking ownership of a variety of manufacturing activities throughout your time here. As pioneers of the famous Toyota Production System, we are looking for people to join our team and share our passion that there is always a better way.
As an Automotive Production Apprentice, you will learn to carry out work safely and effectively, meeting quality standards within a demanding and fast-paced environment. You will develop into a multi-skilled operator through process ownership carrying out manufacturing activities within a variety of shops before joining our experienced Team Members on the production line.
Which will include:
- Practical skills training
- Personal development
- Period placement weeks within the Toyota Plant’s various shops at Burnaston
- Cover the theory and practical skills that you need to commence your career
- Once the technical skills are embedded, you will be placed in a production team within Toyota, practically learning how to apply your new skills and how to safely operate
- During this stage, you will also undertake a number of job-relevant technical skills courses on specific items of equipment
- You will be employed on a full time permanent contract with Toyota UK from day one
- After successful completion of the scheme your career and development will continue with Toyota UK
- This role will become a shift related role
- Weekly wage will increase to £435.00 upon completion of this apprenticeship
- Willing to be patient and show outstanding attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about working with your hands and solving problems
- Excited about working with the latest high tech equipment
- Able to show us that you can work well as part of a team
- Willing to complete repetitive work
- No minimum requirement
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (Knowledge and Skills)
- Functional Skills
- Personal Development – e.g. Team Work, Practical Problem Solving,
- Health and Safety/Risk Assessment
- Toyota Manufacturing Techniques