Automotive Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following: •Keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintaining vehicles in functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Complying with state vehicle requirements by testing the engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Maintaining vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing
- Maintaining vehicle records by recording service and repairs
- Keeping shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Containing costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options
- Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Accomplishing maintenance and organisation mission by completing related results as needed
Upon successful completion of your Apprenticeship you will become a fully qualified vehicle mechanic.
- Excellent communicator
- Full clean driving license
- Skilled in the automotive industry
- Hard worker
- GCSE's passes are preferred but not essential as Functional Skills in maths and English will be completed
- 1 year of previous experience in an automotive setting is desired but not essential
PARAGON SKILLS have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Learning and Development Coaches will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
Paragon will provide the training for this apprenticeship within your company’s site therefore there is no need for you to attend an outside training facility at any time.
On completion of this apprenticeship you will receive:
- Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT Employment (if required)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.