Autocare Technician Apprentice - Intermediate (Level 2)
PETERBOROUGH REGIONAL COLLEGE
This vacancy will be within the main part of the garage, you will also be responsible to order stock for the business as and when required to help repair the vehicles in a timely manner.
Learning to identify and solve problems with the customer’s vehicles. Learning to deal with customers and understanding the problems as advised by them. You will be working with one of the experienced mechanics within the garage to gain a rounded understanding of the industry.
You will be reporting directly to the manager within the branch.
- Once you have successfully completed the Apprenticeship program you will have an opportunity to work for the company within this branch or in one of the local branches
- Working hours are Monday - Friday 08.30am-5.30pm with one hour for lunch, may also be asked to work on Saturdays as required
- Ideally interested on motor vehicles, petrol and diesel
- Natural customer service skills
- Good ability to understand customer requirements as you will be dealing with them being a small business
- Good interest in mechanical issues
- Good at communicating
- English & maths Grade 3 (D) or above
- Level 2 English and maths
- F-Gas Regulation
- Eligibility to Join the Relevant Professional Bodies of the Engineering Council for Initial Registration as an Engineering Technician (Eng. Tech)
- A Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light) Level 3 Qualification Graded at: Pass, Merit or Distinction
- Attendance at college will be required for one day a week as part of 20% off-the-job training
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.