As an Apprentice with Autocare, you will receive training and support throughout your qualification and will learn the latest servicing and maintenance techniques with light commercial vehicles to enable you to better help your customers whether they need a standard service, MOT or repairs.
Day to day tasks will vary but include:
- Servicing - carrying out vehicle/tyre checks
- MOT's - assisting to identify parts with wear and tear
- Vehicle Maintenance - replacing/repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics - using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Maintaining repair and service records
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Autocare believe in providing an extensive, high quality Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfill their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles. As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be a good skills to have.
You will need to demonstrate a strong passion for the industry and a real curiosity in finding out how things work.
- No previous automotive qualifications are required
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9-4/A*-C in English and maths
This is an Autocare Technician Apprenticeship programme, delivered by Remit Group.
Awarding Body: Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI).
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Automotive Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Monday - Friday) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks either in the workplace or remotely via Microsoft Teams, giving 1-2-1 advice and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications:
- Autocare Technician Level 2
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English & maths (if required)