Joe's Garage are an Audi, VW specialist so not only will you receive first class training in all the latest servicing and diagnostic techniques to enable you to better help your customers whether they need a standard service/MOT or a full VW Transporter customisation.
Day to day tasks will vary but include:
- Servicing - carrying out vehicle/tyre checks
- MOT's - assisting to identify parts with wear and tear
- Vehicle Maintenance - replacing/ repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics - using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Maintaining repair and service records
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Joe and Sam are looking for an apprentice to join their existing team which includes a recently qualified level 3 technician and another young man who started his apprenticeship with them in September 2020 Joe and Sam understand the importance of providing excellent training to their apprentices' so with that in mind, this apprenticeship isn't just a work placement, it's full time employment and the first step to becoming a fully qualified technician.
Closing Dates: Please submit your application along with your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles. As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
You will need to demonstrate a strong passion for the industry and a real curiosity in finding out how things work. Being a light vehicle technician involves manual labour and requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina. It is important that technicians always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures.
- No previous automotive qualifications are required but if you do have a level 3 in the same or similar field, you may not be eligible
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9-3/A*-D in English and maths
This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby.
This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Monday - Friday) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Apprenticeship Standard Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
- F Gas air conditioning qualification