The Parts Department is at the heart of our operations. Our Parts Advisors are responsible for the stock control of a wide range of vehicle parts and accessories. This includes the ordering, selling and managing of stock to ensure that we meet the needs of our trade counter customers and to guarantee that our workshop team have the parts and accessories that they need to complete their daily tasks.
Your duties will vary from day to day and could include:
- Providing advice to customers who are having problems with their vehicles
- Taking sales orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Stock control for vehicle parts and accessories
- Maintaining an ordered stock room
- Raising invoices for parts sold
- Liaison with internal teams to ensure the correct stock is place at the right time
Volkswagen Group (VWG) is one of the UK’s largest car retailers encompassing premium brands such as Audi, Bentley, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen TPS, Volkswagen Paint and Body and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This network of retailers spans the UK, providing a wide range of career opportunities.
Once your apprenticeship is complete, you will continue your learning journey and you will have the opportunity drive your career forward. Some of our apprentices have gone on to become team leaders and managers within the retail network or even joined our team at Head Office in Milton Keynes.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
Please do not contact the retailer. Babcock Training are the main point of contact for this opportunity and carry out the full recruitment service for this employer. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application.
- Our ideal candidate will be methodical in their way of working and be able to demonstrate precise attention to detail
- As a central point of contact for both of our internal and external customers you will need to have excellent communication skills
- You also should be IT literate (although full training will be provided)
We are looking for people who are passionate about our industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills that you should think about showing us in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong communication
- Customer Service
- GCSE grades A*–C / 9–4 or equivalent in English, maths and Science
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve Scottish National 5 Grades A - C or above in English, maths and either a Science or Technical subject.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
- Level 2 Customer service practitioner apprenticeship standard
As well as employment in our retailer, you will be given the training and support you need to develop both personally and professionally. You will be guided by your trainers, assessor coach and personal mentor along to the road to success.
This apprenticeship combines off-the-job training with on-the-job learning, and you will be supported every step of the way.
On successful completion of the one-year programme you will receive the following:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
- Brand specific certifications