- To assist in the completion and submission of personal, partnership and trust tax returns
- To assist in the completion and submission of corporation tax returns
- To assist in the completion of R&D tax relief claims and Capital Allowances claims
- To assist in the preparation and submission of P11D forms and calculation of liabilities to Class 1A NIC
- To assist in dealing with routine correspondence from HMRC as well as formal HMRC enquiries
- To assist with technical and tax planning projects and any other duties, as delegated by the tax manager
- Training will be provided as required and agreed by your manager
- To assist in tax marketing to include preparation of mailshots to send to clients and target clients
Progression and opportunity to study CTA and become a Chartered Tax Advisor.
- 20 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
Please note the interview and start dates are flexible.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player as the role entails active participation in the tax team and liaison with the audit/accounts department, in addition to being able to work on their own with limited guidance
- The candidate will need to have an organised and methodical approach to tasks and perform the tasks required to a standard where they are complete and correct. They will also require the ability to manage a number of tasks at one time
- Excellent communication skills will be needed, together with the ability to build relationships with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- IT literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Attention to detail
- Good mathematical skills
- A-Levels grade A-C/8-4 or equivalent
ATT Level 4
The ATT syllabus follows a modular structure, which consists of two core certificate papers and four optional certificate papers, allowing you to specialise in your own area of interest or expertise.
To apply for full ATT membership, you must pass the two core papers, one of the four optional papers and the three computer-based exams (Law, Professional Responsibilities & Ethics and Accounting), plus have two years of practical work experience in UK taxation.
- Personal Taxation
- Business Taxation
- Business Compliance
- Corporation Taxation
- Inheritance Tax, Trusts & Estates
- Value Added Tax
- Professional Responsibilities and Ethics
The apprenticeship standard details the Essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that somebody would need to demonstrate to be successful in this job role, this includes Business Awareness, Ethics, Communication, Leadership, Planning and Prioritisation and Problem Solving. Apprentices will need to show they are competent in all the areas detailed in the standard when they take the End Point Assessment.
The Knowledge areas of the standard will typically be covered through the completion of the qualification. Skills and Behaviours are developed through workshops, e-learning, workplace training, and practical experience provided ‘on-the-job’.