We are looking for a Level 4 Quantity Surveyor apprentice. This apprenticeship will focus mainly on estimating and quantity surveying.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to learn about the commercial side of construction. The qualification will also include elements of:
- Assisting with re-measurements on site for labour-only and sub-contract payments
- Attending Sub-contract pre-appointment meetings
- Sub-contract management including the checking and processing of labour-only and sub-contract payments
- Assisting in the preparation of interim valuations
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Preparation and issuing of sub-contract documentation to sub-contractors
- Maintaining live costs of selected works
- Liaising with Engineers for records of labour, plant and materials
- Preparing take-offs for potential schemes and for the Estimating Department
A full time role will be offered on completion of the apprenticeship.
This role will require applicants to pass the CSCS Health and Safety Operatives test
This role is subject to a Drugs and Alcohol test.
- The successful candidate will have good initiative and a willingness to learn, they will also enjoy working with people and as part of a team
- You will also possess excellent communication skills and be able to establish and maintain good and effective working relationships
- A real interest in construction is essential as is a strong work ethic and a desire to progress
The ideal candidate will probably have already achieved a qualification in a construction related discipline or have experience working on a construction site.
You must be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong desire for the role
- Demonstrate an ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and flexibility in working locations
Minimum of 5 GCSE's including Maths and English (Grade C or above) or the equivalent.
- The apprentice will be working towards a Level 4 Construction Quantity Surveying apprenticeship qualification
- If the successful applicant does not have Grade C / Grade 4 in English and Maths GCSE the apprentice will need to complete Functional Skills in English and Maths alongside their apprenticeship training