We have a fantastic opportunity for someone with a real interest in vehicle repair to undertake an apprenticeship in the sector. The successful candidate will follow the Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician standard and be involved with repairs on all types of vehicles including commercial and private.
They will be taking part in:
- Following defined processes to restore the vehicle to a high-quality paint finish
- Removal, replacement and repair of vehicle panels
- Use of various fillers and repair materials
- Operation of repair and sanding equipment
- Ensuring correct colour match and final finish to the company and customers exacting standards
- Being able to demonstrate colour identification and select the correct materials such as primers, base coats and lacquers applied using spray equipment
- Operating spray booths to ensure the correct environment for spraying and paint drying
- Understanding the safety requirements at each stage of the process
- Estimating time and material costs for entire process
During the training, the apprentice will be expected to complete a portfolio of training which will be done alongside the garage and may also be involved in other aspects of repair from time to time.
A full-time role may be offered on completion of the apprenticeship.
- They should have attention for detail and the desire to see a job well finished
- Ability to drive would be advantageous
The successful candidate will be:
Previous experience is not essential, but the role would suit someone with a keen interest in motor vehicles.
- Grade C/4 GCSE (or equivalent) maths and English
Training will be delivered by Assess Auto and the successful apprentice will achieve a Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician.