Civil engineers plan, design and manage large construction projects. This could include bridges, buildings, transport links and other major structures. They use computer modelling software and data from surveys, tests and maps to create project blueprints. These plans advise contractors on the best course of action and help minimise environmental impact and risk.
In this role you can expect to:
- Undertake Surveying and setting out duties
- Check drawings and keep drawing register updated
- Assist in scheduling of materials
- Liaise with any consultants
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to
- Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used
- Arrange testing of materials as per PQP
- Resolve technical problems that may arise
- Keep a Site Diary – Site Filing
- Liaise with other departmental managers
- Ensure quality records necessary to meet PQP are collated and maintained
- Fully interact with other members of the construction site team
- Organise site operations
- Monitor Programme
- Interact with other members of the construction site team
A full time role will be offered on completion of the apprenticeship.
This role will require applicants to pass the CSCS Health and Safety Operatives test.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Strong Maths and English skills are required
- Good IT Skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Willingness to learn
- Keen to progress into site supervision and management as a career
- Enjoy working with a wide range of individuals
- Highly motivated
- Ability to establish and maintain good and effective working relationships
- Strong work ethic
Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalents including maths and English (grade 4/C or above).
The apprentice will be working towards a Level 3 Civil Engineering apprenticeship qualification. If the successful applicant does not have Grade C / Grade 4 in English and Maths GCSE the apprentice will need to complete Functional Skills in English and Maths alongside their apprenticeship training