Working as part of the management team of a Marine services company as an assistant accountant.
The role will be working on site directly on company accounts and liaising / working with external accounting contractors sometimes at their offices.
This role will suit someone who already has a lower-level Finance or accounting course or is part way through an AAT. some experience in the sector is an advantage. The successful applicant will be a mature and professional person, who is looking for that next step of development beyond assistant accountant towards Accounts Manager.
As a future account manager, the applicant will need to be detail driven with a problem-solving nature. Once they have a firm understanding of the Company accounts, they will use that knowledge to suggest new methods and practices at business meetings to help the business grow and save resources while improving efficiency. They will maintain operations always looking for ways to improve.
The role will include:
- Preparing budgets
- Entering transactions and reconcile account balances
- Preparing accurate work papers, schedules, and reconciliations for audit purposes
- Sending invoices to accounts
- Enforcing payment terms with accounts
Competetive salary on completion of the apprenticeship.
Full time role is avaliable on completion of the apprenticeship.
- Focusses on outputs and solutions
- Strong communication skills
- Any Previous bookkeeping or accounting experience an advantage
- Problem solving nature
- Can drive or be able to travel to both places of work
- Detail driven
- Professional attitude
- Able to muck in on all aspects of the operation
Level 2 qualifications:
GCSE maths English and two other GCSE at C / 4 or above, preferably one or more qualifications in Finance or accounting or business.
Level 2 accounting or bookkeeping course.
Training for this apprenticeship will be delivered by NCC, and will support the successful apprentice through their Level 3 Accountancy qualification