We are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice Steelfixer to join the team working on a Project in Croydon.
As an apprentice Steel Fixer you will be learning how to:
- Read building or engineering plans
- Mark out work areas
- Using both hand and power tools
- Lay out steel reinforcing bars, rods, mesh and formwork
- Fit spacers and supports
- Join steel with clips, wire or by welding
- Fix steel to solid bases
- Fix and set steel beams
TrAC will work with you towards the end of your apprenticeship to ensure that you either move on to a Higher Level apprenticeship or into full time employment.
This role is conditional on the applicant successfully passing a drugs and alcohol test.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good maths and English skills are required
- The ideal candidate will need to enjoy being part of a team and possess good communications skills
- The successful candidate will have to work to precise measurements with wood and metal so a good head for figures is also important
- The successful candidate will ideally have previous training with power tools
- Willingness to learn
- Keen to progress as a Formworker as a long term career
- Enjoy working with others
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Highly motivated
- Ability to establish and maintain good and effective working relationships
- Strong work ethic
GCSE grade D/3 or above required in maths or English or equivalent qualifications.
Croydon College will be delivering the training of this apprenticeship