You will be working under the direction and guidance of an experienced supervisor, supporting the delivery of our services whilst working towards a apprenticeship in Painting & Decorating to achieve the skills and experience to become a fully operational tradesperson.
The duties of this role will include:
- Carrying out relevant trade duties on responsive and planned works as requested to client specifications.
- Working to allocated times and schedules for the project.
- Use authorised plant and equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised.
- Working as part of a team and use materials safely.
- Loading and unloading materials and equipment as directed.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers, to ensure the effectiveness of the repairs and maintenance service.
- Identifying different building methods e.g. steel frame, reinforced concrete frame, traditional solid wall and cavity wall, block and dry lined which determine the appropriate paint products and specifications.
- Selection, use, maintenance and storing of paint, tools, wallcoverings, spray equipment, steps, ladders and towers safely.
- Following Health & Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Undertake Health & Safety training as required.
- Raise any safety concerns with a manager or supervisor
- Taking part in the apprentice review process and complete any training required and be capable of working independently in the final year of the apprenticeship.
- Undertaking such other duties as are commensurate with the apprentice role, as may be reasonable required at the initial place of work or at other locations in the Company.
- A full time role will be offered on completion of the apprenticeship
- This role is subject to a drugs and alcohol test
- On site experience
- Identify personal development needs and take action to meet those needs, Keep up-to-date with best practice and new technology
- The principles of customer service. Establishing the needs of others (colleagues, customers and other stakeholders)
- Understanding of Health and safety hazards, current regulations and legislation including COSHH/risk assessments and understanding the importance of method statements
- Awareness of Codes of practice and safe working practices, including asbestos awareness and correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Commitment to construction industry
- A strong work ethic, motivated, reliable and adaptable
- Commitment to work towards the NVQ
- Safety awareness
- Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G/3 to 1) and to have taken level 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C/9 to 4) English and maths tests prior to completion of their Apprenticeship
- The apprentice will need to acquire a CSCS
Training will be delivered by Multi-trade Ltd, delivering training on site