The duties of this role will include:
- Carry out relevant trade duties on responsive and planned works as requested to client specifications and Higgins standards.
- Work to allocated times and schedules for the project.
- Use authorised plant and equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised.
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely.
- Load and unload materials and equipment as directed.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers, to ensure the effectiveness of the repairs and maintenance service.
- Identify different building methods e.g. steel frame, reinforced concrete frame, traditional solid wall and cavity wall, block and dry lined which determine the appropriate paint products and specifications.
- Select, use, maintain and store, paint, tools, wallcoverings, spray equipment, steps, ladders and towers safely. Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account of other people’s health and wellbeing
- Follow Health & Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Undertake Health & Safety training as required.
- Raise any safety concerns with a manager or supervisor
- Take part in the apprentice review process and complete any training required and be capable of working independently in the final year of the apprenticeship.
- Undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the apprentice role, as may be reasonable required at the initial place of work or at other locations in the Company.
Become and qualified Painter & Decorator and progress within the industry.
On site experience.
Identify personal development needs and take action to meet those needs, Keep up-to-date with best practice and new technology.
The principles of customer service. Establishing the needs of others (colleagues, customers and other stakeholders).
- Commitment to construction industry
- A strong work ethic, motivated, reliable and adaptable
- Commitment to work towards the Apprenticeship
Apprentices will be required to have level 1 English and Maths (equivalent to GCSE grade D/3).
CSCS card - This is not essential as we will arrange this before you start the apprenticeship
The apprentice will work towards completing the Level 2 Painter & Decorator Apprenticeship Standard.