We have an opportunity for an apprentice to join a local business that specialises in offering high quality outdoor cleaning services in both residential and commercial settings.
The successful candidate will work toward a Level 2 Facilities Services Operative qualification and be involved with:
- Outdoor cleaning or hard surface areas such as patios, driveways and decking
- Cleaning of house and bungalow roofing using ladders and tower scaffolding
- Cleaning of windows at ground level and using long reach poles for higher levels
- Cleaning of conservatory roofing
- Cleaning of solar panelling
- Cleaning of fascia boarding and guttering
- Maintaining outdoor premises in terms of cleaning services
The apprentice will be involved in using high powered jet washers, chemical applications, long reach poles, scaffolding towers and ladders.
In their training they will focus on Health and Safety and safe practice procedures. They will be involved in delivering quality service and good customer service.
A full time role will be offered on completion of the apprenticeship.
This role will involve working at heights.
The right candidate will not need any previous skills in this area, but must have a head for heights and be willing to work outdoors in all weathers.
- The apprentice will form part of a small, close knit team, so must be a good team player
- They will need to be willing to work hard in all weathers and have an element of strength for when using long reach equipment
- They should take a pride in their work and be willing to work to a high standard
- They need to be friendly and polite in dealing with customers and have a good sense of humour
GSCE maths & English Grade D/3 or equivalent.
- Level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services Principles
- Training will be delivered by Straight A Training
- Functional skills if needed