This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team involved in Shop-Fitting and maintenance of structures. The Company works with one of the UKs leading supermarkets, travelling to install and maintain shop fittings. The work will be varied, will involve different hours of work with some overnight stays.
The apprentice will be involved with:
- Relaying paving
- Breaking out concrete, installing carpark bollards
- Minor brickwork repairs
- Labouring for Bricklayer for larger brick projects
- Minor external render patch repairs
- Installing posts and carpark signage
- Installing trolley shelters
- Repairs to surface drainage
- Assist the Groundsman/Bricklayer in adhoc grounds repairs
A full time role may be offered on completion of the apprenticeship.
Due to the nature of the role, applicants are required to be over 18 as the role is expected to have up to 48 hours per week
The successful candidate will also be required to take and pass a Drug and Alcohol test and the CSCS test as a condition of any offer of employment.
- You must be able to lift, bend and undertake manual work and use relevant equipment
- An awareness of health and safety is essential
- The successful candidate needs to be willing and prepared to undertake outside work in all weather conditions
- While it would be desirable for the successful candidate to be able to drive
- The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate good communication skills as they will be working as a part of a team
- They must also be able to follow directions accurately and be able to complete task in a timely manner
Grade D/2 maths and English GCSE, or equivalents, minimum.
- Level 2 Groundworker Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
The training will be delivered by MT Training towards a Level 2 Groundworks Qualification.