We are currently looking for an apprentice Formworker working on sites around Croydon. The successful candidate will work alongside qualified and experienced Formworkers to learn the trade, involving basic timbering, setting out, reading drawings and proprietary framework. This apprenticeship is taught on site and at college
Formwork is the process of creating a temporary mould into which concrete is poured and formed. Traditional formwork is fabricated using timber, but it can also be constructed from steel, glass fibre reinforced plastics and other materials.
Tasks will include:
- Working with the carpentry teams to construct proprietary shuttering for the substructure
- Basic timbering, setting out, reading drawings and proprietary framework
- Forming and assembling horizontal and vertical formwork as per design drawings
- Erecting formwork and its components for a range of applications including walls, slabs / bases, columns, beams and precast units to support concrete
- Using hand and power tools
- Adhering to site Health and Safety at all times
- General labouring tasks as required
TrAC will work with you towards the end of your apprenticeship to ensure that you either move on to a Higher Level apprenticeship or into full time employment.
This role is conditional on the applicant successfully passing a drugs and alcohol test.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good maths and English skills are required
- The ideal candidate will need to enjoy being part of a team and possess good communications skills
- The successful candidate will have to work to precise measurements with wood and metal so a good head for figures is also important
- The successful candidate will ideally have previous training with power tools
- Willingness to learn
- Keen to progress as a Formworker as a long term career
- Enjoy working with others
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Highly motivated
- Ability to establish and maintain good and effective working relationships
- Strong work ethic
GCSE grade D/3 or above required in maths or English or equivalent qualifications.
Training Provider is expected to be Croydon College