This is an excellent opportunity to start your career as an Apprentice Bricklayer. Working with a small company based in Stalham but covering a 25 mile radius of Norwich, you will be working alongside qualified staff, undertaking general building work including building extensions and renovations mainly on private domestic and residential projects.
Whilst your main focus will be brickwork, you will also be helping with a range of other trades including groundworks, carpentry, roofing, plaster boarding and general labouring.
Other tasks will include:-
- Adhering to Health & Safety
- Assisting with general labouring
- Setting out bricks and blocks
- Mixing concrete and mortar as required
- Interpreting drawings and plans
- Laying blocks, bricks correctly and checking alignments
- Shaping and trimming bricks by hand and power tools
- Helping with groundworks, carpentry, roofing and plaster boarding
- Working at heights
- Keeping site clean and tidy
- Clearing up at the end of the day
- General site work
- Keeping the workplace clean and tidy
TrAC are a shared apprenticeship company and will be your employer. TrAC places apprentices with host companies enabling them to gain site experience and to achieve their apprenticeship qualifications. You may complete the whole of your apprenticeship with one company but there may also be the opportunity to complete part of your apprenticeship with another similar company continuing on your Level 2 Bricklayer apprenticeship. At the end of the Level 2 apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity of continuing on to a higher level apprenticeship or TrAC will ensure that you move into permanent employment.
This apprenticeship will involve working on different construction sites and projects dependent on contracts available within a 25 mile radius of Norwich and travel will be involved.
The apprenticeship will involve working towards a Level 2 Bricklayer apprenticeship which will be delivered at a College on a day release basis, you will also work on site helping you to gain the vital experience needed to become an effective. A driving licence/transport would be preferable to enable you to get to the employer at Stalham and also to different sites.
When applying for this role, please also go to the Apprenticeships New Anglia website which can be found at: https://www.apprenticeshipsnewanglia.co.uk and register your details. Please include the reference: “Brick/Stalham”. Please do not contact the Host Company direct.
This is a demanding job role and apprenticeship. Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team but also individually, a pro-active approach to your work is required. This apprenticeship will be mainly be site based and will involve working at heights, heavy lifting, site working and working in all weathers.
- Strong maths and English skills are required
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Keen to progress
- Enjoy working with a wide range of individuals
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Highly motivated
- Ability to establish and maintain good and effective working relationships
- Strong work ethic
GCSE grade D/3 and above in maths and English or equivalent qualifications. Construction based work experience would be an advantage.
- Level 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills if required
- End Point Assessment
- Training will be delivered by City College Norwich