The Regulatory Operations organization spans over ten Pfizer offices in more than seven-time zones. Each year the group supports approximately 45,000 submissions to 175 countries around the world, within both established and emerging markets. The group operates in a dynamic business environment and is a key contributor in ensuring quality dossiers are submitted on time to Health Authorities for the Pfizer portfolio.
The Regulatory Operations group have a strong continuous improvement, project management and change management focus. We are constantly evaluating and redesigning existing regulatory and operational processes, both internally and externally to Pfizer, performing cross-functional critical issue remediation and leading project/change management initiatives at a global scale.
As the Pharmaceutical Industry evolves, the Regulatory Operations team and partner lines act as key stakeholders in the innovation, design, and implementation for new technical solutions, process designs and deployment through the global teams and networks.
Overview of the role:
This role will support initiatives of varying complexity, for which Regulatory Operations is either an owner or a major stakeholder.
The Regulatory Operations apprentice will:
- Support the operation and evaluation of existing processes
- Contribute to the implementation of new or revised processes that are driven by internal and external guidelines, technologies and business strategies
- Contribute to and manage global projects which aim to drive growth, improve business process and overall consolidate Pfizer’s position as the premier pharmaceutical company
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support existing business processes while performing constant evaluation to drive continuous improvement
- Support business analysis and project management efforts to assist in ensuring the success of a broad variety of global initiatives and projects
- Issue resolution and escalation for prescribed projects
- Recognise and analyse potential issues and provide a systematic approach to the solutions of these issues while noting any practical constraints
- Contribute business solutions through influential partnerships with internal and external colleagues
- Act as a key contributor within the areas of process development, decision making, and change management in the context of Global Regulatory Operations
- Support cross-functional, global teams as appropriate
- Develop and maintain documented procedures and guidelines as necessary
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. Love science? Join us in our drug development labs, or engineering teams. Want to work on the business side? Get stuck into an Apprenticeship to launch a career in anything from digital marketing to paralegal services.
Pfizer’s apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification. And all the time, you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary.
Looking for an alternative to college or university, where you can earn while you learn, and build experience with a global leader? Find it at Pfizer.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be able to apply for further positions.
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace.
You will be entitled to company benefits including:
- 25.5 Days Holiday entitlement (+ Bank Holidays)
- Opt in pension scheme
- Student discount card (NUS)
- Employee assistance programme
- Dedicated mentor for the duration of your apprenticeship
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both alone and in a close-knit team environment
- Ability to problem-solve; question, analyse and propose innovative solutions
- Excellent planning and organization skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and multi-task between competing assignments
- IT competent
- Personal confidence, pro-activity and enthusiasm
- Ability to learn and develop on the job
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients and voice constructive opinions to Senior Management
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English
- Either A-Levels equalling 80 UCAS Points or an equivalent level 3 qualification (e.g. BTEC) with a minimum of 80 UCAS Points
Level 4 Associate Project Manager apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Your training will be a mixture of online lecturers, skills webinars and face-to-face workshops
- You will have access to a Coach who is on hand to guide you through each stage of your learning journey, providing you with clear aims and objectives. They will keep in regular contact with you and instil the confidence that you can achieve
- You will have access to a Virtual Learning Environment with all of your qualification content, additional learning resources and all the step-by-step support you need to ensure your success
- Training will be part of contracted hours making up the working week
- Work based and knowledge competencies to be delivered in line with the Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship Standard guidelines.
This will include:
- Functional Skills in maths & English (or equivalent)
- APM Project Management Qualification