What will the apprentice be doing?
What will the role involve?
This Associate Project Manager role is an amazing opportunity to understand and contribute to the growth and transformation of the UK’s largest exam board! AQA are looking for someone with tenacity, drive, ambition and, most importantly, a thirst for knowledge.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter that can grow quickly in the role and contribute to and deliver diverse projects in a fast-paced and highly confidential environment.
- Make sure that projects meet the needs of the company and are delivered on time and within budget by following the right project processes
- Create plans, financial forecasts, business cases and management information in a way that’s clear and concise to inform understanding and decision making
- Work as part of a wider team alongside other departments to ensure that delivery plans, capacity plans, and resources meet the needs of different projects
- Effectively manage risk and stakeholder expectations
- Work with your team to drive projects forward and make sure issues are identified and communicated well and quickly
- Building and maintaining amazing working relationships both internally and externally, providing progress updates in a clear manner
- Actively seek out opportunities that contribute to our diversification and digital ambitions
Who will I be working with?
As the Associate Project Manager, you’ll support the SBD team with their workload with a focus in 4 main areas:
- On-Screen Assessment
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Portfolio diversification
What’s in it for you?
AQA offers an amazing range of benefits including:
- Up to 34 days’ annual leave
- Office closure at Christmas and New Year
- Hybrid working up to 3 days a week
- Free access to the Headspace app
- Defined pension contribution of up to 18.5%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Premium employee assistance programme
- Maternity, paternity and adoption schemes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will study for a Level 4 Associate Project Manager qualification over this 24 month apprenticeship
- You will spend 80% of your time learning on the job, and 20% working towards your apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- AQA are also committed to continuing your development. As you go through your apprenticeship, you will be encouraged to talk about your future with AQA and all future progression will be reviewed on a case by case basis
- This could mean further apprenticeship opportunities or qualifications to broaden your knowledge and skill set, or opportunities to move into a permanent role within the business upon successful completion of your apprenticeship
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 GCSEs including Maths & English (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
A Level or equivalent BTEC, NVQ, A-level or other level 3 (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential