Assistant Store Managers help run their store as if it belongs to them.
From managing daily operations to taking responsibility for financial results, this is not a back-room management position but focuses on the front line connecting with customers and partners. The role provides the opportunity to develop your own team from hiring to welcoming new team members and future leaders for your store.
You will follow our core values, which are ‘to inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time’ and our mission is ‘to make a difference to people’s lives, their opportunities and their communities through great tasting food and coffee.’
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Providing leadership for the team to ensure a world class customer experience
- Being responsible for the day to day running of the store in the Managers Absence
- Driving sales and profitability targets
- Managing inventory and stock control for the store
- Working closely with the supervisors to ensure that our customers get great products and a friendly service from a motivated team
- Manage stock control and ordering
- Assist with staff rotas in line with budgeted hours
- Manage the team, ensuring that everyone is aware of their daily duties
- Manage deliveries and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in line with procedure
- Cover the Store Manager when needed
In return for your hard work as our Assistant Store Manager, you will receive a competitive salary. Additionally, you will receive:
- Bonus scheme
- 50% Discounts on food and beverages whilst on shift
- Free bag of coffee every week
- A passionate and fun team environment
- Fantastic training and development opportunities - coffee education!
- Discounts on food and beverages whilst off shift
- Recognition Schemes
- Join an established, successful and growing franchise
- Opportunities across multiple existing high-profile brands with many more to come!
Alongside your day to day work and training, you will be working towards your Hospitality Supervisor – Outlets L3 standard qualification which will be delivered through a blended social learning experience. This includes but is not limited to 1-to-1 visits from your regional trainer, self-study, and remote visits.
The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme which is designed to support you on your chosen career path. Once you are signed up onto the apprenticeship programme, you will be able to get students discounts through an NUS card and you will be earning money while studying towards a nationally recognised qualification.
At Starbucks you will be working towards a Hospitality Supervisor Outlets Level 3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
Ongoing training and development within Starbucks as well as through the apprenticeship training programme.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Experience in running a shift in retail/hospitality is an advantage but not essential - if you have the right attitude we can provide you with all the training you will need however strong supervisory experience as a minimum is an advantage.
Candidates must be fully flexible in working hours and may be required to cover various shifts including weekends and evenings.
The Assistant Store Manager must have the drive, passion and a natural energy to deliver a fabulous customer experience and consistent product every time!
No qualifications are required for this role.
- Hospitality Supervisor – Outlets L3 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and maths