Whilst working with Mitie, you will attend Anglia Ruskin University where you will study towards a Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship over a period of 4 years.
Your role will include:
- To supervise the delivery of projects and associated small works secured by MITIE Projects in a profitable and credible way whilst endeavouring to exceed customer expectations
- To have demonstrable experience in Supervising high profile projects
- To keep close professional contact with clients to be able to monitor customer satisfaction
- To ensure the company Health & Safety policy is adhered to
- To ensure compliance with the MITIE Quality Management System and be instrumental in leading and implementing the procedures and instructions with particular attention to the areas of responsibility indicated in the document
- To supervise projects operationally to ensure correct operation within budget, as advised by the Programme Manager or allocated Project Manager
- To carry out all site inductions for new starters
- To supervise workforce in conjunction with defined site rules
- To liaise with contract team to ensure compliance with safe systems of work specific to the project location
- To determine priorities in conjunction with the Projects Administrator for the allocation of sub-contract labour
- To supervise and monitor subcontractors labour to ensure the expected standards of MITIE are maintained in line with MITIE and client Procedures
- When necessary, liaise with client representatives and Maintenance Contract Managers, to ensure that all works are completed within agreed timescales
- Undertake, where necessary, site safety, method statements, risk assessments and site inspections in line with Mitie Procedures
Your pay will increase by £2.5k for each year of successfully completed study.
In addition to your generous basic pay you will also be eligible for a travel to London allowance.
The role will be based at a major contract office and the candidate must have demonstrable experience working in a fast-paced professional environment and be prepared to travel to Chelmsford to attend University 2 days per week during term time during year 1, reducing to 1 day per week for years 2 - 4. The key skill requires can be summarised but not limited to the following.
- Must be prepared to work towards achieving SMSTS or SSSTS qualification upon start
- Experience of working mechanical and electrical installations with a heavy bias towards mechanical will be a distinct advantage, however, not essential as full training will be provided
- Customer care/relationship building skills
- Health and Safety management
- Planning skills
- Be competent in MS Project, Word, and Excel
- Ability to manage change successfully
- We treat all colleagues with respect
- We work with each other to achieve the best for clients and for Mitie
- We support and encourage each other to develop
- We do good things for each other, the environment, and the community
- We bring new ideas to the way we do things
- The minimum requirement to join this programme is 112 UCAS Tariff points which is equivalent to:
- 3 A levels at grade BBC
- BTEC National Diploma DMM (1 x distinction and 2 x merits)
- Access to HE Qualification
- You will also need to have 4 GCSEs at grade C/4 (or equivalent) or above which must include English and maths
You will undertake the Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship (Building Surveying) with our training partner ARU (Anglia Ruskin University) which, upon successful completion, will give you a BSc (Hons) Degree in Building Surveying along with membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).