What will the apprentice be doing?
Day to day duties may include:
- General Administrative duties.
- Answering telephone calls and handling queries from patients, GPs, staff and other outside agencies.
- Updating patient records within our Clinical Software (Emis) and dealing with confidential information.
- Completing 'tasks' which are messages sent within Emis.
Monitoring and responding to group secretarial email inbox.
- Running referral searches within Emis to ensure all necessary referrals have been processed.
- Running 2 week wait cancer pathway referral searches to ensure referrals have been received by the appropriate healthcare provider.
- Contacting hospitals and other healthcare providers to obtain clinical letters, results or to enquire about appointment bookings.
Manage patient recall diary.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator (Level 3) Apprenticeship Standard with AMSPAR
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English Level 2 Functional Skills in maths
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
It is hoped that an apprentice undertaking this role within the Practice could train and progress to become a member of our medical secretarial team. There are also many other administrative opportunities within the practice.
Reality CheckDamar is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and expects all staff, employers and all other partners that we work with to share this commitment.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4/A*-C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4/A*-C or above) Essential