Greene King's Pubs boast some of the most breath-taking, fun-filled and relaxing pubs in the country. Found in towns and cities across England and Wales, from a scenic Dorset pub to a city centre spot to meet friends - Greene King will have something that fits the bill.
If you have a desire to gain experience with an industry respected pub brand and you have the hunger to develop yourself and further your career, this apprenticeship position may be just what you're looking for.
Greene King are offering an award winning apprenticeship programme. The scheme provides opportunities for new team members to achieve an Apprenticeship through 12 month training programmes designed to perfectly match roles in the licensed hospitality sector.
Reach your full potential! Greene King's career pathway has been designed specifically to promote development. Through their apprenticeship programme, you'll gain professional qualifications at a management Level 4. Plus, you'll reap the benefits of working for one of the leading pub companies in the UK with the biggest apprenticeship programme in the hospitality sector. As such, you'll have opportunities to work within other Greene King businesses once you're qualified.
This is an amazing opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment to gain the skills, knowledge and experience you need to kick start a career in hospitality.
Your daily duties will include:
- Supervise food service
- Support learning and development within own area of responsibility
- Improve the customer relationship
- Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector
- Supervise functions
- Supervise reservations and booking services
- Set objectives and provide support for team members.
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Lead a team to improve customer service
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
Ongoing training and development
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early. The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.15 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.55 an hour for anyone under 18, £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.20 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £8.72 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). These rates apply from 1st April 2020.
- Previous FOH experience
- Hospitality experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Good team work ethic
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- Tact and diplomacy for dealing with demanding customers
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
No Qualifications required
- Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship L3 - Food and Beverage
- Functional Skills if required