At TaxAssist Accountants, we know that our people are key to the success of our company. We hire people who are talented, career driven and who embrace our values of delivering excellent client service through collaborative teamwork.
This is an excellent opportunity for capable individuals who enjoy working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service. Candidates will be looking to develop their skills in a rapidly growing and dynamic business using industry leading software with support from a multi award winning accountancy network.
Experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses and individuals in a friendly local business atmosphere. Develop your career with an employer who invests in colleague career development with significant opportunities for growth and development including ongoing training provided by the TaxAssist Academy.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Bookkeeping - maintenance of client records on QuickBooks and TaxCalc, including sales and purchase invoice controls, receipts and payment analysis, bank reconciliations and VAT reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of company accounts preparation of various working papers, maintenance of client files and reporting to seniors at the agreed stage of completion
- VAT - preparation of quarterly VAT Returns for small size companies under the supervision of seniors
- Payroll preparation of monthly payroll
- Liaise with clients to ensure record delivery and accounts information in a timely fashion/manner
- General administration, reception, telephone answering, document scanning, client servicing, and support to Accountants
A permanent opportunity would be available for a successful apprentice. There is the opportunity to progress onto AAT level 3.
- A genuine interest in the Accounting industry Knowledge or experience of the Accounting industry would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Confident and professional communicator, particularly on the telephone
- Good work ethic and understanding of appropriateness in the workplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to listen and understand the client's needs
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to multitask and cope with changing priorities
- Friendly and a team player
A minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade C/4, including C/4 in maths and English (or the equivalent) is required for this programme.
Accounts/Finance Assistant Level 2 Standard.
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Using Accounting Software
- Elements of Costing
- Foundation Synoptic