Main duties and responsibilities
- Undertake a wide range of processing, reconciliation and administration tasks that are commensurate with your skills and develop your experience
- All tasks should be carried out to a high standard and strict deadlines using accounting or administrative systems in accordance with company procedures
The range of work could include tasks/activities in connection with:
- Management of client accounting records
- Processing and reconciling invoices to relevant documentation and records
- Processing of payments received and monies paid
- Reconciliation of various bank statements including chasing up supporting documentation, identifying and correcting error and arranging transfers between accounts as required
- Administer all relevant completed paperwork records, scanning, shredding, archiving etc.
- Assist with a range of office, administrative and ad-hoc finance related tasks as required, including filing of Vat returns
- Assist with month end management accounts and financial year end procedures.
- Comply with all relevant legislative requirements
- Comply with all policies and procedures required by professional body
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post requested by your manager
A permanent opportunity would be available for a successful apprentice.
There is the opportunity to progress onto AAT level 3.
During your apprenticeship, you will be required to complete a workplace portfolio, participate in the classroom training and complete any employer training, all of which will count towards your 20% off the job training.
We will assess your prior learning using your CV, an in-depth interview and the completion of a skill scan and will adjust the apprenticeship accordingly. This will ensure you are learning new knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- Knowledge or experience of the accounting industry would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Confident and professional communicator, particularly on the telephone
- Good work ethic and understanding of appropriateness in the workplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to listen and understand the client's needs
- Good attention to detail
- A genuine interest in the accounting industry
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to multi-task and cope with changing priorities
- Friendly and a team player
- A minimum of 3 GCSEs at grade C/4 (or equivalent) including C/4 in maths and English (or the equivalent) is required for this programme
Accounts/Finance Assistant Level 2.
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate:
- Bookkeeping transactions
- Bookkeeping controls
- Using accounting software
- Elements of costing
- Foundation synoptic