You will largely be working on bookkeeping, VAT and accounts preparation projects but will also assist in some of the day to day functions that are essential to keeping the office running smoothly.
- Bookkeeping in the office
- Preparation of VAT returns for review
- Preparation of accounts for review (includes unincorporated and incorporated entities)
- Preparation of personal, partnership and company tax returns and computations for review
- Completion of jobs as efficiently as possible
- New client set ups including the preparation of client engagement letters and 64-8s as instructed investigate Purchase Order Queries
After successfully achieving the AAT Level 3 qualification, the candidate will be considered for a the Level 4 AAT Apprenticeship training and/or the opportunity to progress to a more senior level with the firm and a career within accountancy.
DBS check is required for this role.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to listen and understand the client's needs
- Good attention to detail
- Strong IT / Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, with the ability to challenge
- Able to work to deadlines - both externally and internally
- Confident and professional communicator, particularly on the telephone
- Good work ethic and understanding of appropriateness in the workplace
- Ability to plan and manage changing priorities
- Mature attitude and a self-starter
GCSE English and Maths A*-C/4-9 or level 2 equivalents.
- Level 3 AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting
- Costing Indirect Tax
- Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting